Amy is a venture capital lawyer and also a partner within the corporate team. She specialises in advising entrepreneurs and emerging companies, as well as those that invest in them. In addition, Amy heads up our Emerging Companies practice. She also heads up our legal partnerships with NorthInvest and Fund Her North.
As a venture capital lawyer, examples of Amy’s experience include:
- advising the shareholders of Content Cal on its landmark sale to Adobe Inc
- advising Detected on a funding round led by Love Ventures
- lead advisor to the shareholders of Easypay Services Limited on the sale to Workr Group
- advising HTYT Limited on a number of investment rounds
- advising the shareholders of Arena Group on the sale of the business to Xerox
In addition to client-facing work, Amy is also the firm’s training principal. This includes overall responsibility for the trainees at our firm. She was also shortlisted in the ‘Rising Star of the Year’ at the Modern Law Awards 2022. Recently, Amy has been shortlisted in the ‘Legal Rising Star’ at the Yorkshire Rainmakers Awards 2022.
Our clients state our case
“Over recent years, we have really valued the level of support and guidance provided by Amy and the rest of the team at Gordons.” Alex Packham, CEO and Founder, Content Cal