Privacy and Data Protection
Good quality data is an extremely valuable asset, providing insight into your business’s customers, suppliers, leads, website users and workforce. Regulation in data protection and privacy is an evolving area of law, and public awareness of individual privacy rights has increased exponentially in recent years. We can help to navigate these complex and evolving legal changes.
Our data privacy lawyers advise businesses on all aspects of data protection compliance.
We specialise in advising businesses on how to…..
- comply with internal and external facing aspects of data protection law
- respond to and report personal data breaches
- address individual rights requests such as Data Subject Access Requests
- transfer or share data with third parties including cross-border recipients
- use and share personal data for marketing purposes lawfully
- pursue or defend claims for damages
Our experience includes:
- providing an outsourced DPO service to a national retailer
- advising national businesses on cyber-attacks and other personal data breaches
- address individual rights requests such as DSARs (see our DSAR Toolkit here)
- providing bespoke training to clients on all aspects of data protection compliance
- defending privacy claims and responding to complaints
Keep up to date with data protection news and privacy developments, by signing up for our privacy snapshot newsletter.
Our seasonal update provides you with an overview of legislation changes and recent case law, along with a summary of how they can impact you or your business.> Subscribe Here
Our Clients IncludeView Testimonials
Our Privacy & Data ExpertsView all Our People
News & ViewsView all News & Views
Privacy and Data update: Transatlantic data transfers
Transatlantic Data Transfers: US-UK Data Bridge Opens Today The US-UK Data Bridge formally opens today...
Lauren Wills-Dixon quoted by IT Pro on DPDI Bill | Gordons
Lauren Wills-Dixon, solicitor and a data privacy expert, has been quoted by IT Pro discussing...
Subject Access Requests: Court Rules on the Meaning of ‘Copy’
Earlier this year, we published an article on data subject rights in our ‘Back to...
Lauren Wills-Dixon Quoted in Raconteur Article Exploring Post-Cyber Incident Comms
Lauren Wills-Dixon, solicitor and data privacy expert at Gordons, has been quoted by leading business...