Privacy and Data Protection
Good quality data is an extremely valuable asset, providing insight into your business’s customers, suppliers, leads, website users and workforce. Regulation in data protection and privacy is an evolving area of law, and public awareness of individual privacy rights has increased exponentially in recent years. We can help to navigate these complex and evolving legal changes.
Our data privacy lawyers advise businesses on all aspects of data protection compliance.
We specialise in advising businesses on how to…..
- comply with internal and external facing aspects of data protection law
- respond to and report personal data breaches
- address individual rights requests such as Data Subject Access Requests
- transfer or share data with third parties including cross-border recipients
- use and share personal data for marketing purposes lawfully
- pursue or defend claims for damages
Our experience includes:
- providing an outsourced DPO service to a national multiple retailers
- advising national businesses on cyber-attacks and other personal data breaches
- advising a global marketing business on its cross-border data transfer framework
- providing bespoke training to clients on all aspects of data protection compliance
- defending privacy claims and responding to complaints
Our Privacy and Data clients include:
Wren Kitchens, Ocado, Mintel Group, BASF, Boxxe, Heron Foods, Moss Bros, Vianet, JCT600, Ebuyer.
Data Subject Access Request Toolkit
Our DSAR Toolkit produced by our data protection and employment law specialists empowers and helps businesses manage the end-to-end DSAR process. For more information, click here.
UK Data Protection & Digital Information Bill
In September 2021 the UK Government announced its plans to reform the UK’s privacy laws. Recently, it introduced the UK Data Protection and Digital Information Bill to the House of Commons.
What will the proposed changes look like? Tap to learn more….> Read more
Our clients state our caseView all Testimonials
"Gordons understand us. Just what our business needs."
Managing Director, Wren Kitchens
“Gordons understand our sector and business. They are reliable and easy to deal with. We trust them.”
Chief Executive, Timothy Taylor
“Gordons deliver what we need quickly and efficiently.”
Managing Director, Target Information Systems
"The team at Gordons were incredibly helpful, knowledgeable, and able to translate the required legal complexities into plain language."
Director & Data Protection Officer, Wren Kitchens
“The team at Gordons have been a pivotal part of data protection strategy. Their industry leading experience has helped us implement core processes and procedures to support our business”
Our Privacy & Data ExpertsView all Our People
News & ViewsView all News & Views
Dark Patterns: Legal and Regulatory Considerations
‘Dark patterns’ are features of user-interface design which are crafted to persuade online consumers to...
Online Safety Bill: Big Tech Being Held to Account?
The Online Safety Bill is a landmark piece of proposed legislation, which aims to keep...
Lauren Wills-Dixon Reacts to Whether GDPR is Being Outpaced by Technological Developments...
Lauren Wills-Dixon, a solicitor at Gordons and privacy legislation specialist, has been quoted in Compliance...
Cookies Crumbling: The End of Cross-App Tracking?
Cross-app tracking and personalised advertising have grown exponentially in recent years. Given the intrusive nature...
The law is changing on international transfers of personal data
On January 28, 2022, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) announced that the proposed International Data...