Mark is a food and drink lawyer, head of the disputes team and a partner here at Gordons. In addition, Mark also acts as a consultant for and provides training to food and drink businesses.
As the leading grocery lawyer in the UK, Mark’s opinions are frequently sought out by the media, he has been quoted in over 130 different publications (including BBC online, The Grocer, The Telegraph, the Guardian, Grocery Gazette, The Times) and regularly appears on TV and radio.
Career highlights include acting:
- in an £11m retail (GM and food) supply dispute
- for a supplier in a £60m GSCOP de-listing dispute
- for the largest suppliers and retailers in England and Ireland delivering GSCOP training
- appearing in the Competition and Appeals Tribunal challenging the CMA’s designation of a retailer as a grocery retailer
- acting for a fresh produce supplier in the first and only High Court claim relating to GSCOP and delisting
- advising retailers on their designation under Groceries (Supply Chain Practices) Market Investigation Order
- in a judicial review claim against Natural England regarding wildlife licencing
- for grocery retailers and retail developers both bringing and defending judicial review claims
- for commodities suppliers in cross border disputes
- advising suppliers and retailers on supply chain management, terms, supplier communications and category reviews
Mark also advises businesses from all sectors in relation to disputes. This includes commercial, consumer and procurement, as well as public law/judicial review, vintage/classic cars, shareholder disputes and data law.
Our clients state our case
“Mark and Lauren delivered an outstanding result for us. They listened, understood the position and provided support. Their knowledge of the grocery market and ability to predict what the retailers would do was impressive.” Deane Proctor, CEO of Proctor & Associates Ltd – The first supplier to issue a High Court claim in relation to GSCOP.
“Mark’s guidance and support during a period of commercial uncertainty were invaluable. His knowledge of the grocery market and how to manage difficult supply situations delivered an excellent result for our business. I highly recommend Mark and Gordons.” Toby Bartlett, Director of Alan Bartlett & Sons Ltd
“Mark Jones and Gordons are excellent. A business-critical situation unexpectedly arose and with Mark’s advice and knowledge of the grocery sector, we were able to navigate our way through it. In fact, the outcome was far better than we ever imagined it would be.” Mark Salter, Managing Director, Cooking For Aisha Ltd
“We instructed Mark and Gordons because we needed a lawyer who knew grocery retail and its supply chain. His advice was invaluable when the pressure was on. He guided us through the process. I highly recommend him.” Steven Fagg, Managing Director, Keelings (International) Ltd
“Mark’s knowledge and astute thinking, combined with his commercial proactive approach, have greatly benefited us as a business” James Clarke, Group General Counsel T.J. Morris Ltd (T/A Home Bargains)
“Mark Jones – excellent and a market leader on retail disputes.” Legal 500, the leading guide to commercial law firms
News & ViewsView all News & Views
Gordons food and drink lawyer, Mark Jones, quoted in national press on...
Mark Jones, partner at Gordons and an expert in groceries and the food and drink...
The Retail Detail: S1 E1 - Talking Shop
Our new retail sector-focused podcast, The Retail Detail, is now live! 🎙 Join our resident...
Mark Jones responds in chlorinated chicken row
Mark Jones, partner at Gordons and an expert in the food and drink supply chain,...
Mark Jones quoted by the BBC on the decline in sales at...
Partner Mark Jones has been quoted by the BBC again, this time reacting to the...