Ryan is recommended in both the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners, the two leading guides to law firms and lawyers internationally, for his work in the technology sphere. Furthermore, Chambers & Partners says “Fantastic, knowledgeable lawyer, Ryan Gracey impresses with his incisive understanding of technology law and its commercial applications. He is noted for his work negotiating high-value IT contracts”.
As a technology lawyer and data expert, Ryan is also a frequent commentator on the technology sector. For example, he has been quoted in national press including the Independent, the Guardian and Telegraph, as well as Express, Mirror and various trade publications.
Areas of expertise
In addition, Ryan acts for suppliers and purchasers across a range of sectors advising on:
- Major IT and Outsourcing Projects
- Cloud Solutions (IaaS, PaaS & SaaS)
- Software and Hardware Integrations
- Software Design, Development & Licensing
- IT Support and Maintenance
- IT Replenishment
- Hosting, Co-Location and also Data Warehousing
- Intellectual Property Assignments & Licensing
- Media Services & Media Purchasing
- General commercial contracts including sponsorships & endorsements, supply terms, distribution, agency and also manufacturing
Recent work includes:
- acting for a major IT supplier on the roll-out of its proprietary platform across a customer’s estate in 20 countries
- acting for a global bank on international outsourcing of a risk management solution
- advising on mobilisation, design and also ERP system integration projects for various UK retailers
- advising on an £80m media buying contract for a major UK retailer
- acting for an IT solutions provider on a £100m+ public sector contract for infrastructure services
- acting for a major consumer electronics goods group on a 15-year trade mark licensing deal with a listed international partner
News & ViewsView all News & Views
Systems integration: overcoming the challenges to ensure a successful project
Whether it is a new ERP system for resource planning or a customer management tool...
The need for legal clarity on use of artificial intelligence
The rise of artificial intelligence continues to pose questions about protection and privacy, from facial...
Mobility as a service specialist Fleetondemand drives expansion ahead with Gordons
Saltaire-based Mobility as a Service (MaaS) and technology driven vehicle hire specialist Fleetondemand has tasked...
York-based digital transformation specialist boxxe hires Gordons as company gears up for...
Digital transformation specialist boxxe has appointed Gordons to support its rapid growth plans for 2021....