- Commercial Litigation
- Judicial reviews and public inquiries
- Intellectual Property
- Food and Drink
Mark is a senior solicitor in our Commercial Litigation team and specialises in business disputes and challenging the decisions of public bodies (i.e. judicial review).
Although Mark has spent most of his career in private practice as an external advisor he has also worked in-house for Morrisons and Iceland. Whilst working for retail businesses, Mark has developed an excellent understanding of the retail sector and, in particular, food and drink retail. For that reason, Mark is frequently seen commenting in trade and national press with opinion pieces published in Estates Gazette, Yorkshire Post, The Grocer and on Foodmanufacture.co.uk.
The Legal 500 directory, the UK’s leading guide to law firms, say Mark is ‘efficient and easy to work with’.
Notable/recent work includes acting:
- in a £4m partnership asset dispute;
- for clients to enforce restrictive covenants and recover diverted profits;
- for one of the largest electrical heating businesses in Europe in a multi-million supply dispute;
- for food retailers and suppliers in relation to trade agreement disputes;
- for the largest suppliers in England and Ireland delivering GSCOP training;
- in a judicial review claim against Natural England regarding wildlife licencing;
- for grocery retailers and retail developers both bringing and defending judicial review claims; and
- for commodities suppliers in cross border disputes.
Gordons in the News: Mark Jones on the Kraft Heinz takeover
Our food and drink expert, Mark Jones, comments on consumer habits in relation to the Kraft Heinz ta ...Read More >
For a limited time only – the new guidance for traders on pricing practices
Mark Jones, food and drink expert at Gordons, explores the changes to pricing guidance to increase c ...Read More >
GSCOP, ‘reasonable notice’ and the 12-week myth
As the UK’s designated retailers continue to scale back the number of products they sell and look ...Read More >
The Groceries supply code of practice may be extended… but not by much
The Grocer revealed last month that the Government is to consider extending the role of the Grocerie ...Read More >
Yorkshire Corporate Review – October 2016
In partnership with the Business Desk, food and drink specialist Mark Jones discusses how corporate ...Read More >