- Commercial Litigation
- Judicial reviews and public inquiries
- Food and Drink
Mark is a senior solicitor in our Commercial Litigation team and specialises in business disputes and challenging the decisions of public bodies (i.e. judicial review).
Although Mark has spent most of his career in private practice as an external advisor, he has also worked in-house for Morrisons and Iceland. Whilst working for retail businesses, Mark has developed an excellent understanding of the retail sector and, in particular, food and drink retail. For that reason, Mark is frequently seen commenting in trade and national press with opinion pieces published in the Guardian, the Independent, Foodbev, The Caterer, Food Processing, Estates Gazette, Yorkshire Post, The Grocer and on Foodmanufacture.co.uk.
The Legal 500 directory, the UK’s leading guide to law firms, say Mark is ‘efficient and easy to work with’.
Notable/recent work includes acting:
- in a £11m retail (GM and food) supply dispute;
- for a supplier in a £5m GSCOP de-listing dispute;
- in a £4m partnership asset dispute;
- for clients to enforce restrictive covenants and recover diverted profits;
- for one of the largest electrical heating businesses in Europe in a multi-million supply dispute;
- for food retailers and suppliers in relation to trade agreement disputes;
- for the largest suppliers in England and Ireland delivering GSCOP training;
- in a judicial review claim against Natural England regarding wildlife licencing;
- for grocery retailers and retail developers both bringing and defending judicial review claims; and
- for commodities suppliers in cross border disputes.
To read Mark’s comments on the recent sale of Unilever’s spreads business in The Independent, please click here.
Mark Jones Comments on the Real Junk Food Project
The Real Junk Food Project charity may face prosecution A cafe chain that serves food destined for ...Read More >
Is the Food and Drink Sector Prepared for Post-Brexit Britain?
Mark Jones, food and drink expert at Gordons, looks at how the food and drink sector will deal with ...Read More >
Mark Jones comments as Mr Kipling cakes maker Premier Foods reports lower sales as rising cost of sugar hits profits
Mr Kipling cakes maker Premier Foods has unveiled a new plan to focus on cash generation and cost e ...Read More >
Mark Jones comments in Foodbev on PepsiCo and Coca-Cola
Is PepsiCo’s superior first quarter a sign that soda’s lost its fizz? Food and Drink ...Read More >
Mark Jones comments on Nestle’s plans to move Blue Riband production to Poland
Nestle to cut 300 British jobs and move production of lunchbox favourite Blue Riband biscuit ...Read More >