Duncan works with a wide range of businesses and is well-regarded for providing pragmatic and commercially focused advice. He advises on Company and Corporate / M&A matters including mergers and acquisitions, investments, arrangements between shareholders, group reorganisations and company law and compliance. He acts for clients in a variety of sectors but with a particular interest in technology, financial services and retail.
Recent examples of Duncan’s experience include advising:
- social media planning firm ContentCal on its Series A fundraise and subsequent sale to Adobe Inc
- listed Canadian legal technology group Dye & Durham on its acquisition of Property Information Exchange and Insight Legal Software
- one of the UK’s leading insurance brokers, JMG Group, on multiple acquisitions including BJP and George Stubbs Insurance Brokers
- retailer Pavers on its acquisition of Jones Bootmaker and Herring Shoes
- British Garden Centres on its acquisition of 24 garden centres from Wyevale and various other transactions
Duncan is highly ranked in Chambers and Partners (2023), with clients commenting: “Working with Duncan is fantastic. He’s open, a very solid communicator and has extremely high commercial awareness”; “He balances strong technical ability with commercial awareness and a personality that clients warm to”; and “He delivers nothing but commitment and professionalism. He’s totally invested.”