As one of the leading retail lawyers in the UK, Andy has been quoted as a sector expert in several leading publications including Retail Week, The Grocer, The Guardian, The Telegraph, The Independent and The Yorkshire Post.
Andy specialises in advising business on their commercial arrangements. He has particular expertise in supply chain, manufacturing, logistics, outsourcing, brand licensing / brand partnerships, agency / distribution, franchising / concessions, and media / marketing.
Andy’s career highlights include:
- Designing and implementing outsourced managed legal service functions for each of Morrisons, NISA and Ocado Retail
- A 12-month secondment as Head of Legal to FTSE100 listed Morrisons supermarkets
- Multiple 3PL logistics outsourcing projects for retail clients, including a major multiple grocery retailer, a general merchandise value retailer, a menswear retailer, and a leading consumer haircare brand
- A joint venture between a major multiple grocery retailer and one of the world’s best known food production and distribution companies for the establishment and operation of a dedicated fruit-ripening facility
- Outsourced media-buying arrangements for various retailers, including a multi-year, multi-channel deal for one of the world’s leading home shopping organisations
- Several Premier League brand category sponsorship deals
- A multi-year stadium / arena naming rights deal
- Morrisons’ sponsorship of ITV prime-time TV shows Saturday Night Takeaway and Britain’s Got Talent and linked sponsorship arrangements with celebrities Ant and Dec
- Haircare brand Cloud Nine’s sponsorship of hit TV show Love Island
- Multiple sportsperson / celebrity endorsement and influencer arrangements, acting for brands and rights holders, including:
- A football World Cup led TV ad campaign for a multinational fast food / restaurant operator featuring a Ballon D’or winning international footballer;
- A collaboration and endorsement agreement between leading menswear retailer MOSS and TV personality Fred Siriex;
- Multiple influencer collaboration agreements for lifestyle fashion brand Gym King; and
- Multiple influencer collaboration agreements for fast-growing jewellery brand Abbott Lyon.
News & ViewsView all News & Views
Andy Brian quoted by national media on Aston Villa’s complaints to Castore...
Andy Brian, expert in commercial contracts, has been quoted by national media, including The Daily...
The Retail Detail: S1 E1 - Talking Shop
Our new retail sector-focused podcast, The Retail Detail, is now live! 🎙 Join our resident...
CMA puts Asda and Sainsbury’s merger in doubt
The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) this week put the planned £10bn merger of supermarket...
Can Tesco “crack the discount market” with Jack’s concept?
Tesco has unveiled its own discount chain this week, with the opening of two Jack’s...