Gender Pay Gap Reporting
Thursday 4th January 2018
As we have previously reported, private businesses and public bodies with 250 or more employees are required to report on the gender pay gap in their organisations by 4 April 2018 and 30 March 2018 respectively.
Employers will need to publish six calculations showing:
- mean gender pay gap in hourly pay
- median gender pay gap in hourly pay
- mean bonus gender pay gap
- median bonus gender pay gap
- proportion of males and females receiving a bonus payment
- proportion of males and females in each pay quartile
The data must be published on the employer’s website and on the government’s gender pay gap website here.
Comment: With time running out before gender pay gap data is due to be published, employers should now be taking steps to carry out the necessary calculations, compiling data and considering whether it would be appropriate to prepare a written commentary to be published alongside the data to explain the results to the public. If you require any advice in respect of gender pay gap reporting, please contact the Employment Team.