Employment Law Seminar – A Series of Unfortunate Events – Thursday 25 May
Common Employment Law Problems
In our next employment law seminar our experts will be discussing a number of problematic scenarios which have become increasingly common over the last 12 months. We will be discussing the legal issues that could arise from these and the steps that employers can take in the event they are presented with these issues in the future.
The scenarios to be covered are:
- My employee has been convicted of a criminal offence – can I dismiss?
- I suspect that my employee has an alcohol problem – what should I do?
- We need to reduce headcount but we are nervous about whether we can select the two weakest employees as one is on maternity leave and the other has a disability – what can we do?
- Can I make my temporary employees redundant first?
- My employee has been off sick for 7 months now so is it safe to dismiss?
- Can I make my employee take holiday during a period of suspension?
- Can I pay SMP in one lump sum and apply for a proportion of it back from the government?
As always we will have time for questions and answers before the end.
WHERE & WHEN?
This seminar will take place at 2.00pm on Thursday 25th May at Cedar Court Hotel, Rooley Lane, Bradford, BD5 8HW and is expected to finish at 4.30pm.
- 2.00pm – Registration/tea, coffee and refreshments
- 2.30pm – Seminar Start
- 4.30pm – Finish
To reserve your place, please contact Emily Dewsnap, Marketing Administrator on Emily.Dewsnap@gordonsllp.com quoting EMPLOYMENT SEMINAR in the subject line.
Gordons LLP won Best Regional HR/Employment team in the Legal 500 Awards 2014/2015. For further information on any of the above changes please contact any member of our award winning team by phone on 0113 227 0100 or by visiting our website:- https://www.gordonsllp.com/law-services