The Future of Value Retail – 24 February 2016
Discount and value retail is arguably the most disruptive force in today’s UK retail market.
Mike Coupe, CEO of Sainsbury’s, speaking at Retail Week Live in March 2015, said that the rise in value retail is a cyclical trend rather than a permanent structural change. We commissioned research to explore this view with experts across the retail sector and we are holding an event at our Leeds office on Wednesday 24 February to launch our report and discuss the insights it reveals.
The event will be chaired by Gordons Retail Partner, Andy Brian, and feature a panel of retail experts including:
- Ian Schofield, Head of Own Label at Iceland
- Nick Glynne, Managing Director of Buy It Direct
- Retail Marketing Strategist Jonathan Sands OBE, Chairman of Elmwood Design
- The rise of value retail – is it here to stay?
- What next for value retailers?
- How do mainstream retailers fight back?
These three areas will form the basis of the panel discussion, with attendees having the opportunity to ask questions and join the debate. As the audience will comprise senior retail representatives, it will also be an ideal opportunity to share experiences and make new introductions.
- 8.00am – Arrival & Breakfast
- 8.30am – Event starts
- 9.30am – Networking
- 10.00am – Event close
Gordons LLP, Riverside West, Whitehall Road, Leeds, LS1 4AW. Click here for a map and directions.
Places are limited but if you are interested in attending, please contact Nemi Alexis, Marketing Administrator on 0113 227 2113 or email: email@example.com.