Peter is a highly experienced corporate and commercial lawyer who advises both longstanding and more recently acquired clients on all non-contentious aspects of their business, be they corporate or commercial in nature.
Significant clients include:
- Irish headquartered Glen Dimplex, which is the world’s largest manufacturer of electrical heating and which owns such brands as Dimplex, Morphy Richards, Stoves, Roberts Radio and Xpelair
- Gleadell Agriculture, which is a major UK grain trader
- AIM quoted Vianet Group, which provides real time monitoring systems and data management services principally for the UK’s leisure and petrol forecourt services
Transactions on which Peter has advised recently include:
- acting for Mobeus Equity and other shareholders in the sale of a South Yorkshire based software company MachineWorks Software to Westec Holding Company
- acting for Glen Dimplex Home Appliances on its acquisition of range cooker distributor Britannia Living from its administrators
- advising Freeman Grattan Holdings in relation to the outsourcing of its call centre operations to Serco
News & ViewsView all News & Views
Price control in the supply chain - how far is too far?
A common worry of a brand owner when setting up a distribution network is how to protect the brand’s integrity. More times than not, this is directly linked with the prices charged for the goods...
Gordons advises Vianet Group plc on £3.5m division sale
Gordons has successfully advised Stockton-based Vianet Group plc on the £3.5m sale of its Vianet Fuel Solutions (VFS) division to Wayne Fueling Systems UK. A team from the firm’s corporate department, led by Peter Barton,...
Gordons advises Glen Dimplex as co-ordinator of RealValue European consortium
Peter Barton (consultant) and Charlie Smith (solicitor) have recently advised international leading group, Glen Dimplex in its capacity as the co-ordinator of an Irish led, twelve strong RealValue European consortium encompassing the entire energy supply...
Gordons team advises global medical device distributor on reverse takeover
A Gordons team has advised a global medical device distributor on its reverse takeover by an AIM-listed heating solutions provider. A team led by corporate partner Jonathan Asquez and consultant Peter Barton, including tax solicitor...