Joanne specialises in landlord and tenant work and property acquisitions. She has over 25 years of experience in acting for various clients including nationally well-known brands.
She is well regarded for her specialist knowledge of real estate issues facing retail/leisure sector clients and leasehold matters. Joanne has dealt with the vast majority of retail parks in England and Wales and their owners and advisors and is well known in the retail market. She also has acted extensively on time-critical portfolio/high-value acquisitions. Joanne’s experience includes:
- acting as principal legal advisor to B&M Retail Limited and Iceland Foods Limited on all real estate matters;
- flagship and high-value investment purchases;
- advising on conditional contracts including planning/procurement and construction issues in the retail, leisure and logistics sectors (most recently including a 112,000 square foot extension to a logistics hub);
- estate management generally and rent review issues;
- portfolio acquisitions for leading retailers/restauranteurs (including insolvency situations);
- sale and purchase of contaminated land; and
- development of land.