James deals with a broad range of commercial property matters and acts for a wide range of clients providing pragmatic and commercially focussed advice. His experience includes dealing with acquisitions, disposals and lettings of commercial property, advising retail clients on site acquisitions, residential development, landlord and tenant work and all aspects of portfolio management.
His recent experience includes advising:
- Mondi Consumer Packaging on the acquisition of a new manufacturing plant;
- Motor trade operator DM Keith on the property aspects of its acquisition of Westgate Motors;
- Dog food manufacturer, Inspired Pet Nutrition (which owns the Wagg and Harringtons brands) on the purchase of a new dog treats manufacturing facility;
- Retailer Pavers on the property aspects of its acquisition of Jones Bootmaker and Herring Shoes;
- Mandale Homes on its acquisition of new development sites for apartments and houses; and
- B&M Retail on the acquisition of their 600th store.
News & ViewsView all News & Views
Yorkshire law firm Gordons advises B&M on 600 store openings
Yorkshire law firm Gordons has passed a milestone by advising leading variety retailer B&M on...
Gordons Advises on Pavers' Acquisition of Four Brantano Stores
Yorkshire law firm, Gordons, has advised Pavers, the York-based footwear retailer, on the acquisition of...
Gordons advises Inspired Pet Nutrition on £6m investment in 130,000 sq ft factory in Denbighshire, Wales
Gordons has advised Inspired Pet Nutrition and its subsidiary, The Real Petfood Company, on the acquisition of a 130,000 sq ft factory in Denbighshire, Wales as part of the pet food manufacturer’s expansion plans. The...
Gordons steers UK's largest Skoda retailer D.M. Keith into significant expansion
Leeds-based D.M. Keith, the UK’s largest Skoda retailer, is looking to drive further ahead of the competition with the refurbishment of its Leeds and York dealerships secured with funding from Natwest. The refinance, which was...