Ben is an experienced banking and finance lawyer who heads up the Banking practice at the firm. He has acted for a range of lenders, private equity houses, and corporate borrowers on a broad spectrum of financing transactions.
Predominantly dealing in corporate and leveraged finance transactions, Ben also has experience with asset-based lending (including invoice financing), distressed and rescue lending solutions and restructurings, as well as real estate and development financing. In addition, Ben regularly supports our Corporate department in relation to the financing elements of their transactions, and in 2021 completed a six-month secondment within the legal team at Europe’s second-largest institutional bank where he was involved in shaping bank policy on the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme and Bounce Back Loan Scheme.
Ben’s recent experience includes:
- Advising a syndicate of six banks on the incorporation of a new £100,000,000 acquisition facility into a corporate borrower’s existing revolving credit facility.
- Advising the shareholders of a Serie A professional football club in respect of significant financing for the organisation.
- Acting for the management team of a UK-based holiday homes business in relation to the £75,000,000 financing of a management buy-out.
- Working with a multinational institutional lender on the restructuring of their £35,000,000 term and revolving credit facilities to a distressed borrower.
- Advising on the English financing and security elements of a simultaneous acquisition by a Chinese wind turbine and energy management company of two battery businesses based in Japan.
Ben is also named by The Legal 500 as a key lawyer within the Banking and Finance sector in Yorkshire and the Humber.