Chambers Solicitors Intervention

Wednesday 7th December 2016

What has happened to Chambers Solicitors?

Chambers Solicitors of 37 Grattan Road, Bradford, BD1 2LU have been closed down by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (‘SRA’). This is called an intervention.  The intervention took place on 7 December 2016.

Gordons LLP of Forward House, 8 Duke Street, Bradford, BD1 3QX have been appointed to help the SRA with the closure. They are called the SRA’s Intervention Agent.

What does this mean?

If you are a client, Chambers can no longer act for you. You will need to find another lawyer to act. Gordons are not acting for you.

How do I find another lawyer?

You can find a lawyer by searching here: or call The Law Society on 020 7320 5650 Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 17:30.

If Chambers were acting for you on a matter where you have the benefit of Legal Aid, you will need to choose another lawyer who can deal with Legal Aid matters. You can find another Legal Aid lawyer here:

What’s happened to my file?

The SRA has taken all clients’ files in Chambers’ offices for safekeeping. If Chambers have been acting for you on something which is ongoing and your file has been recovered, the SRA will write to tell you and ask where you want your file to be sent.  You or your new lawyer should let Gordons know quickly where you want your file to be sent as there might be important time limits.

Where can I have my file sent?

You can have your file sent to you or to your new lawyer. If Chambers were acting for you on a legally aided matter, however, your file will have to be sent to your new Legal Aid lawyer, not you.

If there are two or more of you named as clients, you will need to agree where the file should be sent.

If you want your file to be sent to you, you will need to provide some copy identification. It won’t cost you anything to have your documents sent.

Can I collect my file from Gordons?

If you need your file urgently, please telephone us to arrange an appointment to collect your file as we will need advance notice to retrieve it.

How can I get more information?

You can:

The intervention does not affect the unrelated firms of the same name in Birmingham and Slough.