Autumn Employment Law Update Seminar, 18 October 2016
This afternoon seminar is your opportunity to hear about current issues in employment which are affecting and will affect employers in 2016/2017.
Our experts will take you through the key legal developments providing you with the practical insights needed to keep ahead. You will also get the chance to ask our expert speakers questions specific to your business – these can be submitted in advance of the session if preferred.
The session will cover three broad subject areas and will feature discussions on best practice and top tips.
- Session One: Unfair Dismissal – covering recent cases in this area together with common issues and frequent queries, some “old chestnuts” (common areas of misunderstanding) and some commentary on best practice.
- Session Two: Long term sickness and disability discrimination – including a consideration of mental health issues in the workplace, dismissal of persistent absentees – reasonable adjustments or discrimination arising out of disability? (the Griffiths decision), dealing with foreign language doctors’ notes and other issues.
- Session Three: Holidays and other important issues – calculating holiday pay to include commission and overtime or not? How to deal with sickness during holidays and how to deal with holiday during periods of sickness. Brexit and its implications from an employment law perspective.
- Q&A: submit questions in advance and we will address them at the end of the session on an anonymised basis.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This seminar is aimed at owner managers of businesses, Directors, HR Directors, HR Managers and individuals who are involved with Human Resources within their business.
- 2.00pm – Registration/tea, coffee and refreshments
- 2.30pm – Seminar Start
- 4.30pm – Finish
Cedar Court Hotel, Mayo Avenue, Rooley Lane, Bradford, BD5 8HW – Click here for directions
To reserve your place, please contact Nemi Alexis, Marketing Administrator on T: 01274 202 145 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org