- Personal Legal Services
Laura is an experienced lawyer specialising in high value and/or complex probate and estate management.
Particular areas of expertise include:
- administration of complex estates, including those with agricultural, business and foreign elements;
- intestate estates, including applications for the variation of the statutory trusts for minor beneficiaries;
- liaising with HMRC over inheritance tax disputes including acting in respect of a dispute with HMRC involving the validity of a gift;
- insolvent estates, including liaising with companies, including HMRC, to reduce the monies owned;
- working closely with the contentious team with respect to inheritance tax and estate administration queries.
Laura also deals with Wills, Trusts and Lasting Powers of Attorney.
Laura qualified as a Chartered Legal Executive in 2008 before becoming a full member of STEP in 2011.