Partner - Head of Business Recovery and Restructuring Department
- Commercial Litigation
- Business Recovery and Restructuring
- Banking and Finance
Wayne specialises in advising financial institutions, administrators, liquidators and receivers on all matters relating to companies and individuals facing financial difficulties.
He has strong relationships with all of the insolvency practitioners and financial institutions in the North and is praised for providing clear, concise advice, adopts a no-nonsense approach, and is very competent on contentious matters.
Wayne also advises company directors in connection with their duties and responsibilities if their company is, or is likely to become, insolvent. Chambers and Partners (2016) comments that he is “very sensible and diligent”.
Significant transactions that Wayne has advised on recently include:
- advising the purchaser, out of administration, on the acquisition of 14 former Barratts stores in England, Ireland, Scotland and Guernsey which saved over 200 jobs
- regularly advising Morrisons plc on matters relating to distressed suppliers of products and services to Morrisons
- acting for two individuals in annulling bankruptcy order made against them and preserving their £2m investment in a care home business and saving 30 jobs
- advising the private funder of Dent Co, a Cumbrian haulage and farming business, in connection with the administration of Dent Co and the subsequent sale of assets to the newly formed Dent Logistics Limited, saving 70 jobs