Construction Newsletter – Spring 2013
Our latest edition of the construction newsletter (Spring 2013) is now available to download. In this issue:
- we discuss the amended Construction Act and the impact it is starting to have on the industry.
- we review a recent case which serves as a reminder that winning an action in Court is not always enough.
- we discuss changes to the Considerate Constructors Scheme and the detrimental effect changes may have on your reputation.
- we report on a recent judgment which provides new guidance on how global claims should be addressed.
- we discuss a recent case at the Court of Appeal where a consulting engineer was found liable for damages for loss caused by a fall in the value of land.
- we highlight the importance of compliance with health and safety regulation now that the FFI scheme has come into place.
- we introduce our new and specialist renewable energy team.
- we include a summary of our recent rankings in the Chambers & Partners 2013 directory.
- we report on the success of our recent crime and mystery themed quiz evening in aid of our charity of the year, Physcap.
I hope you find this newsletter interesting, please do not hesitate to contact any member of our construction team if you have any queries.