Two outstanding lawyers promoted to Partners by Yorkshire law firm Gordons
Two high-achieving lawyers have been promoted to partner level by Yorkshire law firm Gordons.
Solicitors Jonathan Asquez, of the firm’s corporate team, and Simon Mydlowski, from its commercial property department, both of whom joined the organisation in 2005, have been rewarded for their contributions to the business with these promotions.
Jonathan has over 10 years experience of advising clients on a wide range of corporate matters. He has particular focus on business acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, investor and shareholder arrangements and generally on corporate issues that affect owner-managed businesses.
With clients ranging from owner-managed businesses to listed companies and their subsidiaries, Jonathan’s recent transactions include: the sale of Nottingham-based Direct Health, one of the country’s leading home care providers, to healthcare and support service supplier Accord; the sale by Belgian-listed architectural and industrial anodiser Coil of its UK subsidiaries; and the acquisition by Staffordshire-based Silverdale Bathrooms of Jaccuzi UK’s Newcastle-under-Lyme ceramic manufacturing operation.
Simon has experience in a broad variety of property work, mostly commercial landlord and tenant-related. Handling investment property acquisitions and disposals, lettings and other portfolio management work, he has specialist expertise in secured lending for licensed premises.
A past president of Bradford Law Society, Simon has undertaken pro-bono work for ProHelp, a national network of 400 professional service firms donating their services to community organisations. His clients include brewers Molson Coors, international bank HSBC, double glazing specialists Safestyle UK, restaurant group Akbar’s, and back care furniture retailer HSL.
Paul Ayre, Gordons managing partner, said: “Jonathan and Simon have both made outstanding contributions to our rapid growth in recent years and richly deserve their promotions. Everyone with the firm congratulates them on their good news and wishes them success in their new roles.”
One of the UK’s most successful law firms with offices in Leeds and Bradford. Gordons has been established for over 168 years, currently employs 280 people and has a turnover of over £25m. Gordons’ excellence has been recognised in a number of award schemes this year:
- Yorkshire’s Best Business with a turnover between £10m and £50m at the Yorkshire Post’s Business Excellence Awards
- Private Client Team of the Year and Managing Partner of the Year in the Yorkshire Lawyer Awards
- UK and Ireland Regional Team of the Year in the STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners) Private Client Awards
- Property Law Firm of the Year category in the Yorkshire Property Industry Awards
- Highly Commended in the Excellence in Community Investment category of the Law Society Excellence Awards
- Runner-up in the Regional Law Firm of the Year in the Lawyer Awards
- Shortlisted Outstanding Employer of the Year at the Yorkshire Post’s Business Excellence Awards.
- Shortlisted for Diversity Initiative of the Year at the British Legal Awards
- Shortlisted for the Excellence in the Learning and Development Award category at the Law Society Excellence Awards
Clients include Wm Morrison Supermarkets plc, construction and high performance materials manufacturer Saint Gobain, international brewers Molson Coors, greetings card retailer Card Factory and the world’s largest electrical heating business Glen Dimplex. For more information visit www.gordonsllp.com.